Presidential Election, 2016
ERIC CANTOR (R-VA)
Considered as John McCain's Vice President running mate in 2008
- "Stronger US-Israel relationship" should remain a top priority for the US government
- Cosponsored legislation to cut ALL taxpayer supplied aid to the Palestinian Authority
- Criticized USAID for providing aid to Palestine
- Opposes embryonic stem cell research
- Opposes same-sex marriages
- Supports "discrimination based on sexual orientation"
- Anti-Affirmative Action voting record
- Opposes gun control; worked to ban product misuse lawsuits against gun manufacturers
- "A" ranking by NRA
- Supports Free Trade
- Supported Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA)
- Opposed 2007 minimum wage increase
- Anti-Union voting record
ANTHONY WEINER (D-NY)
Known as one of the most "intense and demanding" member of the House
Proponent of America's middle class; awarded an "A" ranking by Drum Major Institute 08'
- Originally supported invasion of Iraq, admits he regrets his supports, goings so far as to recommend a withdrawal on The O'Reilly Factor
- Opposes United States' support of the Palestinian Authority - stated that the Palestinian delegation to the United Nations should "start packing their little Palestinian terrorist bags"
- Critical of Human Rights Watch, the New York Times, and Amnesty International - claims groups to be "biased against Israel"
- Opposed $20 billion dollar arms deal between the United States and Saudi Arabia in 2007
- Avid supporter of 2010 Health Care Legislation
- Supports a "public option" - www.countdowntohealthcare.com
- Opposed Partial Birth Abortions